WINNERS ANNOUNCED, CLICK HERE.
This year, we're hosting the Bike Challenge on our local platform SmartRide.org, so every employer can join for free (we're not using the Love to Ride national platform since they're charging a fee to employers this year).
How to Form a Team
We suggest that your team name be fun and clever (as usual), but also that you add your workplace name to it, e.g. our team name is "Ride on, SBCAG!"
How to Earn Points
- Ride to and from work
- Ride for other trips
- Log trips on your SmartRide Dashboard
- Team points are the sum of all the individual member points
There are no points for recreational rides or mileage. The ride must be a work commute or a trip, e.g. to a restaurant, store, school, friend's house, etc... think in the spirit of reducing car trips!
Syncing Apps: Strava & Commute Tracker
- SmartRide integrates here with Strava to make tracking easier.
- If you plan on using Strava or the Ride Amigos Commute Tracker, please be aware these two apps will only sync your Work Bike Commutes. They will not sync other bike trips that you take, because they are programmed to only recognize and sync trips between your home and work addresses. For trips with other destinations (i.e. anywhere else you ride), you will have to manually log your trip on your SmartRide Dashboard calendar.
- Here's an in-depth Strava FAQ from our site developers.
Tips & Instructions to Participate
- Teams are 8 members each and can be a mix of coworkers, friends, and family.
- Each team should have eight riders to be competitive (but fewer are OK).
- Workplaces: If you'd like to track your employee participation, choose a representative to register your workplace by email. You will be assigned a unique URL, like SmartRide.org/s/yourcompanyname to provid e to your employees at any point. It will ensure they're under your network umbrella.
- Every team should have a captain who creates the team. Don't rely on one workplace coordinator to create multiple teams.
- We suggest that your team name be fun and clever as usual, but also that you add your workplace name to the end of it. (e.g. our team name is "Ride on, SBCAG!")
- There is no limit to the number of teams associated with your workplace.
- Every week prize drawings will occur by email—make sure we're not blocked. *Tip, register forBike Challenge and
CycleMAYnia emails here.
- To make participation easy, the Challenge also integrates with Strava and other apps. Link your Strava and SmartRide here.
- To view your team results:
- From your SmartRide dashboard, click on the blue ‘View My Challenges’ button on the right hand side.
- From there, click view team.
- If your team has not registered any points then you can only view the names of your team members. However, once points have been logged, you can select ‘View Team Leaderboard’ which will show each member and their challenge points as well as your team totals. If this button is currently not available, it will be present within 15 minutes after any member of your team has logged a bike commute.