Participate in the National Bike Challenge this year, hosted on the Love to Ride Platform – with Strava integration.
Click here for the Bike Challenge Flyer
Here on the South Coast, Traffic Solutions will offer prizes and awards for the teams and workplaces that try the hardest and do the best, including a kick-off breakfast and final award ceremony.
- The first 8 companies to register a full team of 8 will be entered into a raffle for Bicycle Bob's gift cards, tune-up certificates, REI gift cards, bike locks, and lights – all to get you ready to ride in May!
- The team with the best name will get free CycleMAYnia T-Shirts for the whole team! Voting will be done by a panel of bike enthusiasts.
- Designate someone to register now at Love to Ride by creating a personal account, and in the process, adding your workplace. See more instructions below.
- Email Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org when your team is complete and you'll be added to the raffle!
How to Earn Points:
- Encouraging others to ride
Team points are the sum of all individual team members' points.
Join us at these events during CycleMAYnia:
- May 1st: Bike Challenge Kick-Off Breakfast
- May 31st: Bike Challenge Local Awards Party
Local Tips & Instructions:
- Teams are 8 members each and can be a mix of coworkers, friends, and family.
- Individuals: register at Love to Ride. You’ll be prompted to join or register a new team.
- Workplaces: choose a representative to register/create a personal account first, and in the process, register your workplace -- start by going to Love to Ride. Once your workplace is added, every employee who registers will be able to choose your workplace from a drop-down list of employers.
- If your workplace will have only one team of 8, then use the invitation link to invite coworkers to join that one team.
- If your workplace will have multiple teams, encourage employees to create their own teams and use the invitation links to invite their coworkers, friends, and family to join their teams.
- We suggest that your team name be fun and clever as usual, but also that you add your workplace name to the end of it. (e.g. our team name is "Ride on, SBCAG!") Remember, there are prizes for best team name!
- Each team must have eight riders.
- There is no limit to the number of teams associated with your workplace.
- Teams with novice riders will earn bonus points, as will people who encourage others.
- Email Lori at email@example.com if you have questions about our local participation.
- To make participation easy, the Challenge also integrates with Strava and other apps.
- National Bike Challenge FAQ Page.